Group Chats enables multiple prospects to engage with multiple ambassadors on a specific theme or topic from your TAP Page.
Admins can create a Group Chat with a title and first message and invite the relevant ambassadors they'd like to be involved. The group chat is then immediately available from your TAP Page for prospects to view and engage with.
Group Chats are placed at the top of the TAP Page like this:
There are several reasons to include Group Chats on your TAP Page:
- To support virtual events and create a buzzing community feel on different topic areas, subjects and themes. This may include things like 'Accommodation' or 'Student Life', subject specific groups such as 'Chemistry Q&A', or broader themes such as 'Studying Online'.
- To lower the barrier for prospects to start a conversation if they are not yet ready to speak to an ambassador one to one.
- To diversify engagement on the TAP Page as prospects can identify and speak to specific ambassadors one to one following a Group Chat.
How does it work?
- Admins create a group chat, based on a topic or theme, add a first message and invite ambassadors to be involved:
- Admins can add tags to the Group Chat and create filtered TAP Pages for events in the same way as usual.
- To create a landing page which shows a Group Chat relating to Accommodation, for example, along with relevant individual profiles and content/FAQs simply create a unique tag such as 'Accommodation Event', and add this tag to all of the components you'd like to appear on the TAP Page. You can read more on how to Promote your TAP Page in this help article.
- Admins can view all chats in the Messaging section of the dashboard. They can also delete specific messages if necessary:
- The Group Chat is accessible from the TAP Page immediately and will remain on the TAP Page until it is closed from within the dashboard.
- Prospects can view the Group Chat without signing up - if they want to send a message, they create an account in the usual way.
- Prospects can easily tab between one to one and group chats as well as reply to specific messages. Direct replies are also available for Admins and Ambassadors on desktop:
Please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager or message us on the support chat or via firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you can use Group Chats on your TAP Page 😊