As explained in our CRM integration article, Zapier is a simple option for integrating The Access Platform with your CRM system. It works with may platforms 'out of the box', including Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Zoho, Hubspot, Agile, Redtail, and can be adapted to work with any CRM system or application programming interface (API).
Please be aware that although Zapier has a free plan, heavy usage may incur a cost.
How can I get started?
For this tutorial, you will need:
- a university administrator account with full administrative privileges
- a TAP API key, which you can get from your Customer Success Manager
- an interface ID, usually the name of your CRM (e.g. 'Salesforce')
Integrating The Access Platform and Zapier
- Sign in to your TAP dashboard and go to Settings > CRM
- Create an account with Zapier or have your existing Zapier credentials to hand
- Ensure you're signed into Zapier and access the Zapier integration
- Click 'accept invite'
- Click 'create zap'
- Select 'The Access Platform' as the app, and the trigger event as 'Prospects'
- Click 'continue', then 'add a new account'
- In the pop-up window, enter the name of your CRM system, your TAP admin email address, and your API key
- Click 'continue' and the pop-up window will close
- Click the blue 'continue' button
- Test the Prospects integration by clicking 'test trigger'
- Once the test has completed, click 'continue'
- Search for your CRM system, and complete the integration by matching the fields on TAP to the fields in your CRM system