Making your TAP Page available to your target audiences is an essential. However, you don't necessarily want to promote the same profiles and content in every campaign or from every link you create. Similarly, you might want to be able to distinguish which campaigns and links you've created are driving the most traffic and chat interactions. We've built Promotion to make all of this simple for you. Here's how is works:
On your TAP Page, use our Page Title and Page Description to give a clear default Call to Action and instructions to your prospective students - this would typically be 'Chat to our students'.
- Select the type of promotion you want to create. Currently we have a Pop Card, a Button or a URL link.
2. Add the Search Filters that you'd like to apply. This will pre-search the TAP Page by ALL of the Search Filters you apply. For example, if you enter "International" and "Business", this will show all of the content on your TAP Page that references "International" AND "Business".
If you are using Tag Manager, any profiles, content or FAQs that you tag with these search terms will also be delivered in the filtering.
3. Customise the pop card title text if you'd like to - the default is 'Chat to our Community' but you can change this to anything up to 30 characters.
4. Apply your tracking. We use normal UTM tracking so Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager will pick it up. We automatically complete the 'Medium' information based on the type of promotion you've chosen and you can optionally add in the "Campaign" and "Source" as appropriate:
5. Customise your Page Title and Page Description is you'd like to adjust the messaging for students landing on the TAP Page through this promotion.
That's it. You'll see a summary, a preview of what you've created and then you can go ahead and copy the code and follow the instructions to embed on your website or in your campaign:
Here is a short video walking through each of those steps:
Finally, here are some additional examples of promotions you might like to try:
1.Email Campaign to Geography course offer holders
Type = "Tracked Link"
Filter = “Geography”
Page Title = “Speak to our Geography students”
Page Description = “Find out the answers to all of your questions about the Geography course and wider student life by speaking directly to our Geography student ambassadors.”
Tracking Source = “Email”
Tracking Campaign = “GeographyConversion”
2.Pop Card on the Business course page of the website
Type = "Pop Card"
Filter = “Business”
Page Title = “Speak to our Business students”
Page Description = “Find out the answers to all of your questions about the Business course and wider student life by speaking directly to our Business student ambassadors.”
Tracking Source = “website”
Tracking Campaign = “BusinessLeadGen”
3. Profile Carousel on the a custom landing page of a lead generation campaign on Facebook.
Type = "Profile Carousel"
Filter = “student” (this would show only 'student' profile types but you could use tagging to be more specific)
Page Title = “” (adding no customisation would use the default Page Title on your TAP Page.)
Page Description = “Want to know more about what it's like to study here - chat directly to our students below.”
Tracking Source = “FacebookLandingPage”
Tracking Campaign = “<campaignname>”
If UTM tracking is already applied to a user, for example the user has come through a tracked facebook campaign as in the example above, our UTM tracking will not overwrite that existing tracking.
As always, get in touch with our Customer Success Team via live chat or email if you have any questions.