What is The Access Platform and why does it exist?
The Access Platform's mission is to enable universities and colleges to build awareness, confidence and a sense of belonging with prospective students anywhere in the world. We do this by enabling student ambassadors and staff to represent their institution online, through chat conversations and content like social media posts and FAQs.
By sharing your anecdotes, thoughts and experiences through The Access Platform, you'll be able to help hundreds if not thousands of people make a more informed and confident decision about their higher education options.
Watch this video to learn more about how the service works.
What do you need to do?
You'll be asked to go through The Access Platform's training centre and then be invited to download the app and enter a code unique for your university or college. Your university or college can then 'activate' you for different type of activities.
- If you are activated for the Chat feature, your profile will display on your university or college's website and prospective students can start 1-2-1 chat conversations with you.
- If you are activated for the Content feature only, your profile will not display on the website but you will be able to collaborate and create social media posts and vlogs with your university or college's marketing team.
- If you're activated for the FAQ feature, you'll be able to create written answers to common prospective student questions.
You can be activated for one or all activities in the service and every activity is tracked in terms of the amount of time you're giving to creating this content and/or having these conversations.
What's in the app?
- A feed of activity from the rest of the team at your institution.
- A Learning Resources area with videos to learn more about TAP and top tips for your work on it.
- A Leader board page so you can see where you rank compared to your fellow ambassadors on a monthly basis.
- A Career Reference page which automatically builds and improves the more you use the service.
- Finally, a messaging service where you'll receive messages from prospective students (if activated for chat) and messages from students and staff in order to collaborate on content creation.
Simply look out for notifications indicating new messages and respond as soon as is convenient, hopefully within 24 hours.
What's in it for me?
Being an Ambassador on TAP is super easy and flexible. You can respond to messages, post content and answer FAQs directly from your phone wherever you are; there are no ‘set hours’ or time sheets to fill in as your time is recorded automatically.
All of your activities through the app are recorded. If you get paid for your work as an ambassador, your work on The Access Platform should be no different and your time input is recorded.
You'll also earn Career Points for all of your activities, contributing to a personalised Career Reference. This improves as you complete more activities on the platform. Simply download the reference and use it on your CV and LinkedIn profile.
See an example reference below:
Why is it beneficial for prospective students?
As you probably remember, researching and applying to higher education institutions can be overwhelming. You have loads of questions and want to receive honest answers from people who’ve been through the process. Prospective students benefit immensely from your first-hand knowledge and experience, making them feel more relaxed, informed and confident.
Where does my content get displayed and who sees it?
Your profile, social media posts and FAQ answers will be reviewed by your university or college and published to their 'TAP Page' which is a searchable widget on their website.
Prospective students can search and see all of this content which will be displayed against you and your profile. If you are enabled for 'Chat', prospective students can then send you a chat message to start a conversation.
All of the content you submit through the The Access Platform - photos, videos, text for FAQ answers - is automatically owned by the university or college you represent as part of the standard terms you accept when using the mobile app.
That's the overview! Please check out the following articles as well to learn more about how to be a great representative of your university or college on The Access Platform and get in touch if you have any questions: